Nov 20, 2010

Johnny Boy by Simone Zaccagnini




"Johnny b", 2010, graphite on paper, 15 x 15cm, Simone Zaccagnini


Here's another great piece of work by Simone Zaccagnini wich just happens to be me making a dorky face. Well that's actually how my main man "Zac" rolls, he's continuously stimulated by everything and everybody around him as he's constantly pulling out his camera to take a quick photo... something that later on could reveal itself to be a perfect model.
At a first quick look most people think that they're looking at a photo, probably photoshopped.. but if you look close enough you'll notice the small pen and pencil strokes and the way the drawing has been layered . I assure you that even after a few years, each time I see one of his drawings made with this technique I still get that feeling and find myself touching the drawing with my nose in an effort to understand all the different strokes...
This reminds me (Different Strokes) that Zac has actually made a beat with Gary Coleman samples just the day before "Arnold" passed away.. (r.i.p.) ...pretty odd..
As much as the fact that Zac finds enough time to make beats too!! (Check out his FREE album).
Besides from being a full time artist he's one of my crewmembers in Overknights as well as part of Cantiinasociale, a project held with his homies (and my/our friends) from Pescara. In both projects he brings his strong effort in graphics and beatmaking.
So if U Dig...Show Some Love...

Simone Zaccagnini
Canti In Asociale
Overknights

2 comments: